How are late fees calculated on invoices issued by recurrents?
Only invoices issued by recurrents with penalty calculations will automatically contain penalties.
When issuing an invoice from a recurrent with penalties, the following invoices will generate penalties:
– all opened invoices
– all closed invoices for which a payment, or receipt has been registered for the period for which the invoice is issued
Other closed invoices *will not* incur penalties.
The reason for 2. is given by the following example:
* we assume the existence of subscription A
* Subscription A generated the F1 bill on January 1, due on January 15th
* F1 invoice was fully paid and closed on January 25th
* Subscription A will generate the F2 invoice on February 1 and will include penalties for the F1 invoice, 10 days delay for January 15-25 period.