How do I add an invoice numbering scheme?
You can not issue any document (invoice, proforma, receipt, notice) without defining a numbering scheme. Find out here what is a fiscal document series. To define a numbering scheme of invoices, follow the steps (also valid for receipts, proformas and notices).
- From the main menu click on ‘Configurations’, click on ‘Numbering scheme’ submenu, as in the following pictures:
- Click on ‘+Add a new invoice numbering scheme’ button.
- Choose the type of document for which you want a new numbering scheme (invoices, proformas, receipts or notices) and then fill in the fields as in the picture below. To save the numbering scheme, click ‘Add new numbering scheme for invoices’.
- You can add a numbering scheme directly from the document editing page.
- Ready, you can now issue a document with the newly defined numbering scheme or choosing from a numbering schemes list if you have defined more, as explained above.